Monday, March 22, 2010

When All Else Fails

Hey everyone =) This week I was featured as a guest writer on "Meditations of His Love" .... It was a pleasure writing for them. I thought, hey, why not kill two birds with one stone ;) So I'm posting it on my blog as well.
Enjoy :)

When All Else Fails
By Lauren Lee

I don’t mean to start out depressing – usually I am quite an optimistic person! But optimism doesn’t necessarily disregard reality . . . and reality, unfortunately, is that our world is corrupt. Abandonment. Bitterness. Selfishness. Pride. Deceitfulness. Neglect, lies, anger, abuse, fear! The list could go on and on and on. As a result of sin, each and every man, woman, and child grow in wretchedness and iniquity, apart from Christ. What is the result?

Everyone in this world will fail one time or another.

Failure comes in all forms. Friends will stab each another in the back for sake of self-preservation, complacency will deter personal success, self-service will give way to unimaginable immorality, and greed will lead people to steal. These are just few examples of failures, but worse - all of these, are sins.

Man will always sin. It is an inevitable consequence of that rather unfortunate Eden episode (you just HAD to take a bite of the apple, didn’t you Adam)! In this life, we will always have times of upset, letdowns, and disappointment. How do we get away from it all?!

Lately, I have been so inspired by reading and studying the names of God. One that caught my particular attention was Abba Avinu or Abba, our Father. Wow – the Creator of the world, mighty beyond description, is also . . . my father.

"We have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live!" (Hebrews 12:9)

Think about your own relationship with your earthly father. Has it been marred by selfishness or abuse? Have you been betrayed, by one commissioned to protect? I personally know this feeling, since I don’t have a Dad in my life. It’s empty – a space that, for a long time, I felt could never be filled. He failed me.
Or, perhaps you have an unbreakable bond with your father, one that assures you will never be alone or unloved. What joy and peace you must have, my sister in Christ! That relationship of trust and love is reflective of our status as children of God: "For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name." (Ephesians 3:14)

Psalm 58:2: “But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's UNFAILING love for ever and ever.” There it is, folks! The entire point of this post summed up in a single verse (isn’t it awesome how the Bible can do that?!) God’s love NEVER fails! Imagine having eternal patience and kindness – never worrying harboring envy, never boasting, always humble – never seeking for self, never getting angry, never holding a grudge, always despising evil, always rejoicing in truth, always protecting, trusting, hoping, and persevering. With a love that never fails. Imagine living THAT. Having perfect 1 Corinthians 13 love. It blows my mind! But yet, our Father, Abba Avinu, is all that and more.

When people fail us . . . When we don’t know where to turn . . . our Father welcomes us with open arms, because he is unfailing. No matter what, he is steadfast, and will NEVER leave, never abandon, never neglect His daughters.

Abba Avinu, my Father, you are worthy of ALL praise. You have perfect love, even when all else fails.

~Lauren Lee

A thousand times I’ve failed
Still your mercy remains
Should I stumble again
Still I’m caught in your grace

In my heart, in my soul
I give you control
Consume me from the inside out
Let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing you praise

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring you praise
From the inside out of my soul
Lord my soul cries out

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...